Saturday, January 8, 2011

SLC trip recap!

So I've been putting this off and just need to get it done. This week has sucked because both Jayda and I are getting over colds plus she is teething about 6 teeth all at one time. Its about time though! I'd rather get them all done at one time thank you!

So we headed up on Thursday because we wanted to get there to have all day Friday and not have to worry about traveling. The only bad part was that it was snowing and there was black ice on the road so it took forever to get there. At that point though we were happy we didn't bring Jayda because it was scarey! We got there in about 5 hours so not too bad considering we were only going about 55 a majority of the time. We stayed at my sister's house in Orem the whole time. We just crashed on her couches :D.
On Friday we got up and played with my neices and nephew for a bit and then headed off to SLC to just go do our own thing. Man it was FREEZING cold! I am a desert rat so it's really tough on me in the cold. I HATE IT! I staying inside as long as I could though. Chase was crazy and didn't want to really wear a jacket. He's nuts! :D
So then we went to lunch at Olive Garden and had soup and salad hmmm....especially when its cold outside! After that we went shopping although we didn't really buy anything (I bought $10 jeans because....it was $10). After awhile of just doing whatever we met up with Nicole, Phil and their cutie Carter. We first went to the visitors center and saw their new SLC temple replica. It actually shows whats inside the temple. There were people swarming around it trying to get a peak. We sat there and chatted about life and jobs and Nicole was chasing Carter around as he was crawling everywhere and trying to eat leaves. haha Funny kid!

After the VC we decided to go up to the Garden restuarant. It is a restuarant right at the top of the Joseph Smith Building. It was beautiful especially since the lights were still up on the temple. I forgot my camera but Nicole and Phil used theirs. I still need her to email them to me before I post them. After that we went back to Phil and Nicole's house for a bit but then we left to go see a movie. We saw "How do you know" with Reese Witherspoon. It was a strange movie but we both liked it because it was different from other romantic comedies.

On Saturday we went to lunch with my sister, her husband, and the kids. It was this yummy sandwich place called Zuppa's. After that we decided to take my 2 neices Sadie and Jessie to the Nickle Arcade. They had a blast and it was so fun to watch them get so excited!

After that we decided we wanted to head off to SLC again to look for a ice skating rink. We found one but it was this dinky outside one brrrrr. So we decided not to do that and go to another movie. We went and saw Gulliver's Travels with Jack Black. It was actually pretty cute. The wierd thing about SLC movie theatres is that you get assigned seating. So strange.

We just kinda played around for awhile and then we went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. After that we headed down to the Jazz game. We met up with Phil and Nicole again. It was a lot of fun. Mostly Nicole and I just talked and made fun of how we weren't sports savy. haha The boys really enjoyed the game though. :D By the end of the night I was exhausted! I was so glad that we got away for a few days to spend some quality time but I also missed my little jader bug! She missed us too!

We headed home first thing in the morning and it was a lot better roads coming home. Driving in bad weather and on ice just sucks. I hate it and I don't know how people live in that stuff! BRRR! I would take 100 degree weather any day of the week! I was SO glad to get home to my little girl though. She is getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment