Monday, May 26, 2014

Clean Eating Burrito Bowl

This was definetely a hit with my family! My husband and kids are very picky eaters but they devoured this meal (and what I didn't eat)! And the great thing was that it's clean! I got the orginal recipe from http://tonedandfit.net/2013/07/24/quick-healthy-burrito-bowl/ but I changed it up quite a bit.

Before it was mixed together!

This was the bowl mixed all together!

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup brown rice

-1 chicken breast

-2 tbsp taco seasoning (recipe below)

-1 can of 50% less sodium black beans (drained and rinced)

-1 handful of green leaf lettuce shredded

-Avocado

-diced tomatoes

-lime

-grilled red and green peppers

-grilled onions and garlic

-Shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or Parm (I barely put any cheese on my bowl)

-Plain greek yogurt (optional sour cream replacement

Instructions: -Cook rice according to directions on the box or package. I added 1 tsp of taco seasoning to it to add extra spice.

-You can either rub your chicken with the remaining taco seasoning or if you already have cooked chicken like I did I just added the seasoning with the shredded chicken in a pan with 1/4 cup of water. I simmered it in the seasoning so it took on some of the flavoring. Next time I'll probably add the spices to the chicken and cook it in the crockpot to take on the flavor a little more.

-Assemble the bowl by laying the rice layer first. Top the rice with the black beans, grilled veggies and garlic, shredded chicken, shredded lettuce, avocado, cheese, tomatoes, lime, and greek yogurt.

-Enjoy!

Taco seasoning recipe:

1 tbsp chili powder

1 tbsp ground cumin

1 tbsp garlic powder

1 tbsp onion powder

1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper

1 tbsp for every 1/4 cup of water

No comments:

Post a Comment