Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Family Reunion & Jayda being home 1 year!

Labor Day weekend will never be the same for our family again. I'll always remember it as the weekend I should have had Jayda instead of the beginning of June. BUT it is also the weekend that we brought Jayda home from the NICU so it has some good to it too. So to celebrate we went to our Barney Family Reunion in Junction, Utah. It was a lot of fun but at the same time was so hard because all of us had colds and Jayda did not want to sleep. The last day she was throwing up all day and night. It was not fun! But it was great to see all my family and spend some time with them. Most of them had never even met Jayda yet so it was great to introduce her to everybody! I thought Jayda was going to be the smallest baby there but she had some competition! haha My cousin's baby boy was SO cute! His name is Matt and he has been through a lot in his life too. He is 2 months older than Jayda and was born at 36 weeks (I think they said he's like 15-16lbs right now). He had several surgeries to correct a few birth defects. But he is such a trooper and is walking and running everywhere. It was so funny to see both Jayda and him running around. It looked like 2 newborns running around everywhere. It was also interesting to talk to my cousin because I found out that he had the same blockage as Jayda when he was born and also his brother (my other cousin) was also born with the same blockage (he was also preemie and was 2lbs 6oz when he was born). It was kinda freaky when he lifted up his shirt and showed me the exact same scar that Jayda has because it makes me wonder if it really is genetic and whether I should see a genetic counselor with my next pregnancy. We shall see. The up side though is my Aunts next pregnancy at least went full term even though her second baby had that same birth defect. So that gives me a little bit of hope. Just something interesting to think about. Anyways now I am rambling. Here are some fun pics!







3 comments:

  1. Yay Jadya! I can't believe your walking, how do we beg mommy to post a video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant figure out how to get the video to upload but here is my facebook video (Danggit becky you need to get a facebook account!) Hopefully the link works. This was on August 20th (her first steps) now she is walking everywhere!

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=516559334&v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=422709524334

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH! i love these pics! i was just thinking of you this morning and wondering how jayda was doing and i saw you fb post and came here to check! i love seeing jayda walking around! she is sooooo beautiful and amazing! devin is just now starting to walk with me just holding one hand. hes getting more confident :) im glad to see you guys :)

    ReplyDelete