Monday, August 8, 2011

Vegas Weekend

For my b-day we decided to take an overnight trip to Vegas. It was such a blast! We headed down Saturday morning and got to Vegas around 10:30am or so. We decided to go to the Meadows Mall (which is where I used to shop as a kid) and shopped around for awhile. We got these ADORABLE shoes for Jayda (boots, high heels, and cute little DC shoes). I'll make a whole other post about that though. Then I got a few shirts and 3 purses. Chase got some jeans on sale at Hollister. After we were done shopping we met up with my Aunt Robin and my Aunt Annie for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. I haven't seen Robin in YEARS so it was nice to catch up! I have SO much in common with that side of my family its not even funny.

At lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with my Aunt Robin and Aunt Annie
After that we met up with one of my best friends since like 5th grade Pam. We hung out for awhile and then decided to head over to the outlet mall. Borders was closing out and so we bought a bunch of books. I bought a potty book for Jayda (makes potty training look like fun for her....i dont think she gets it quite yet though. Then I bought a book about infertility, a book about diseases (it was SO interesting...thats the Adams side of the family coming out), and Jillian Micheals Mastering Your Matabolism.

After that Chase and I decided to go out for dinner and we went to a old Mexican Rest. that I used to go to all the time Macyos....yeah that was SO run down it wasnt even funny. We sat down, looked around, Chase had salsa on his menu and I had such a warped menu I couldn't even read it, so we just decided to get the heck out of there. We ended up at Outback on the strip. Much better option.

We then met up with Pam, her boyfriend Kenny,and Ilse and her husband at the Sugar Factory (Kim Kardashians store). We went into the Chocolate Lounge and had fondue and Pam got a chocolate martini thing (virgin) and Chase and Kenny got these shake things. It was actually really fun. After that we headed home and went to bed. It was SO late for us (we're old fogies).

The next morning Ilse made us breakfast before heading out. Then on our way home we stopped at my Grandma and Grandpa Barneys to say hi. That night we had a dinner for me and Chases grandma who shares the same b-day as me.

This morning I woke up to a text saying that Becky (my sister) had her baby last night at 11:30 (the exact same time 23 years ago that I was born). So overall it was a pretty swell day....except I went to bed last night with a head cold! No fun!
Our awesome Fonude at the Chocolate Lounge
Ilse dipping into the fondue
Everyone together at the Chocolate Lounge

No comments:

Post a Comment