Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dear Second Trimester,

Why hello. I love bidding the first trimester adieu because that means it's one more step closer to my end goal, but I will admit I am scared shizless of you. Last time we were not friends. We were at a battle of wills. How about we set aside our differences, work together, and leave poor innocent baby alone?

And uterus, if you tick me off this time around you run the risk of being evacuated out of my body at the first given chance. We still have so many precious years to spend together, although I'm not sure if I'll ever fully trust you or even like you, so I'd hate to cut that short. You don't have to like me either, I really don't give a crap, but would you just keep quiet that way no one gets hurt?

Now I don't mean to sound harsh because so far you really have been a saint. For that I am appreciative. But after the last three years of stubbornness you have to understand my frustrations with you. And my fear. Mostly, I fear that I'll give in and trust you, getting excited at the thought that maybe this time around its for real. Then at the last moment it would all be taken away. How crushed I would be.

But overall I'm an optimistic person so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with some trepidation of course. Maybe you just had a rough time getting the hang of being pregnant for the first time. Then wanted to take a much needed vacation after the trauma you were put through. I can understand that. I hope you got whatever you needed to out of your system and that your head is in the game.

Just know we'll have a talk with third trimester when we get to her, but for now my eye is on you. I'm watching you.

1 comment: