Sunday, March 6, 2011

30 DBC-finishing up PHEW

day 25- what I would find in your bag-
I'll just list what I have since its right here
1. my wallet
2. gum
3. throat losanges (got over strep throat this week)
4. 5 pens (???)
5. 2 highlighters
6. A pack of fruit snacks (gotta always be prepared for J since she LOVES them and its keeps her busy for a few min.)
7. hand sanitizer (of course.... yet we still get every freakin virus and bacterial infection known to man)
8. car keys
9. hand lotion
10. water bottle


day 26- what do you think about your friends
I'm sad that since a lot of our friends have had kids we don't get to go out as much as we used to when it was just couples. That makes me sad but also lucky since I have a lot of family that is willing to watch Jayda so we can go out with our friends that don't have kids. So I really feel lucky about that. I wish I got together with them more often but life is crazy with nap schedules, eating schedules, school, studying, keeping the house clean, etc.

day 27- why are you doing this 30 day challenge
I feel like all I do is complain when I am blogging or talking about Jayda. So I figured it would be a good opportunity for my followers to get to know ME.

day 28- a picture of you from last year and now, how have you changed since then?

So I have changed a lot since this first picture. First off, I have to say I don't have a lot of pictures of me during this time because I HATED my body. I felt so fat and it wasn't because of the baby (I was that weight before I had Jayda). I didn't take care of my body and ate like crap. I was always like 110-115lbs but after I got married I wasn't as active and really put on the poundage. I really cringe when I see these pictures. I am about 5'3" and was almost 150lbs. UGH I hated feeling like that. I wanted to eat healthy but to be honest I didn't really know what healthy meant. I used to buy those "healthy choice" tv dinners in hopes of losing weight because it had the name "healthy" in it and there was low calories in it. It wasn't until I watched the documentary "Food Inc" that I really begun to understand what eating healthy meant. I decided to change my life. Start eating unprocessed foods (I splurge here and there I will admit) and started excercising frequently not just 15 min 3 times a week if that. I ran a half marathon and since that time in '09 beginning of '10 I have lost over 30lbs and still losing (thank you strep throat). I am now about 118lbs! It's taken hard work but thats how its supposed to happen. Chase has also lost a lot of poundage and looks fantastic (I think about 30 or so pounds). Now I'm not afriad to take pictures even though I don't have any recent ones since about December and have lost about 5lbs since then!


This was from November of 2009 so a little over a year since I didn't have many pics from this time.


This was on NYD 2011. 30lbs less.

This was awhile back but this is about what I look like minus about 10lbs probably. Chase is asleep right now and I will update with a pic of me now so he can take it. Although I probably won't put makeup on haha

day 29- in this past month, what have you learned
I've learned a lot about the brain and about anxiety, mood, and personality disorders from my Psychology classes. I now am on a diagnosing spree and have had some A-ha moments with people from my past. So THATS why that person/ old roommate/ old boss was that way! haha

day 30- your favorite song

"Better Days" by Goo Goo Dolls
and
"What it Means to be Loved by You" by Mark Shultz

No comments:

Post a Comment