Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Update on little Jayda Bum

So we took Jayda into the dr the other day for her 2 1/2 year well check-up. Yeah for real 2 1/2 year check-up. Thats because we are "special". Aren't you just so jealous?

When Jayda stepped on the scale she weighed in at a whopping 20lbs 6oz and Chase and I were estatic! She FINALLY hit the 20lb mark! She was about 32 in which is what she was 6 months ago but I wonder if that was right the first time because they measured it a different way. All I know is that all her pants are too short so I know she has grown in length some.

So usually the doctor isn't concerned about her weight. Just writes it off to us being small and that she was just meant to be that small plus being a micropreemie probably helped that along. Well this time he pulled up her charts and she was in the 0% for weight and 1% for height. He said that if she keeps growing like this then she will only be about 4'10" or 4'11" when she is an adult. I'm not so sure I agree with that since I learned from another friend that has a daughter with growing issues that her endocronologist told her that you cant acquedatly determine adult height until the age of 4. So she has time. In the meantime, he said it would be worth it to send her to get some blood labs to check things like her thyroid functioning. Then he said it may be worth it to go up to primarys to see an endocronologist to check to see if there are any problems.

She did so well with getting her blood drawn and the phlembotomists were so suprised that all she did was go "Owie Owwwwieee, Mommmmmmy!" Her labs came back normal and the nurse said that the dr was going to send something up to primarys to see if they wanted to see her or not. He also had mentioned that maybe we would wait until the summer to do it since its 3 1/2 hours away and its butt cold outside (my words not his obviously).


So thats where we are at with her. I'm not concerned at all about it. She is doing everything she should be developmentally. She's talking up a storm and learning new things everyday. But I do think its at least worth investigating because if there was a problem I was ignoring I'd feel really bad. But definatly nothing to lose sleep over since she is healthy as a horse. She's just a small horse. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's adorable how little she is... As long as she's healthy of course, which it sounds like she is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture cracks me up lol. YAY Jayda girl, I'm so proud of you on finally hitting 20lbs, that is absolutely wonderful!!! You go little Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete